Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wrapping up the second month...

I decided to venture out and take a yoga class tonight here in Jochiwon. Dear Korea, your yogas is not yoga. But I shall be going back. I've paid for a month and am up for the challenge. More ajuma torture coming up! I'm going to be a rock. And a flexible one at that.


Yesterday, as many people may know due to an abundance of Facebook feedback, I chanfed my hairstyle to something more Korean. Bangs. Perhaps the not most earthshaking of changes to most, but my hair has been the same since 5th grade and I am enthralled at the look of my bangs. The most hilarious thing about the cut is the double take Koreans have given me-- "Ah, Korean hair color and cut, but.. what? Her face is malformed! She's a Miguk! Gasp!" Double take. Also, you may not know that the cost of the haircut was 2000\, less than $2 American.

Yesterday we went to the World Baekje Festival with all of the foreign (Yankees, Brits, Canuks, Africaans) teachers in Yeongi. We went to Gongju and Boreyang. Baekje is one of the three ancient kingdoms of Korea, and the festival pays tribute to Korea's history. The trip was rushed but fun, days off that entail a free trip and food are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment