Friday, September 10, 2010

Day to day..

Today was Friday! Hooray! I taught my beginners and intermediates. They LOVE Jolly Pong. It's like kiddie crack! Even the beginner class was trying to impress me with their short sentences. "Teacher! I like Jolly Pong!" *offers hand*


I also taught my adult class today-- they are WAY more advanced than I thought they would be. One of the adults is my mentor teacher! Her English is conversational, but her processing time is just a little slow. I really do not know what I am going to teach. Conversation tags are too low. Debate maybe? Creating their own opinions?

I do not want to stay in Jochiwon this weekend. Last weekend was the first time I felt a twinge of sadness. I was broke and unable to travel, really even too poor to buy groceries and generally grumpy. Luckily my friend and fellow TaLK scholar Will was there to commiserate with me.

Classes are going smoothly. We are setting up a pen-pal system with my mom's gifted class in Florida, and my students are SO excited! They can't wait!

I also discovered something cool about my previous scholars at Sojeong Elementary--- they were two brothers! Kevin came in Summer '08 as a 1st Generation Scholar and his brother Charles came in Summer '09 as a 3rd Generation Scholar. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment