Monday, September 6, 2010

The good, the bad, and the bizarre.

The good:
I am loving my job. My mentor teacher told me today that I was "awesome," "fantastic," "the best I could be," and that I looked like "a professional teacher." I really love working with the kids and this is striking an amazing balance. My co-teacher, Peppi, will be with me Tuesday and Wednesday which makes me happy. Yay! Today, and every Monday, I will help by teaching the regular classes from 10:30 to 2:30. I taught two 6th grade classes and one 4th grade.. Using the set curriculum was a little different but it worked out really well I think. :3

In my regular classroom, I've set up behavior charts and presented the class with prize incentives to be good and come to class. They love the Starburst and Skittles!


The bad:
I am flat broke; not even a joke. Including in my Korean bank account, I have about $10 to survive me until tomorrow when my $300 settlement fee should come in. I am strangely okay with it, but it leaves me a teensy bit bored. I have noodles, eggs, veggies, TV, and internet. Plus I have Will to keep me company. We're both completely broke and have found quite a few cost-less wandering adventures.

One of our adventures, as pictured here, was finding some Korean dancer ladies walking down the streets of Jochiwon. They were fabulous.



The bizarre:
I had an entire conversation using the smallest possible amount of language possible today with a Chinese man at the train station. What he was doing in Korea, I still have no clue. Then, on the bus ride home, I got a phone call from the mail man and basically said "yeehe motee soyo?" (I don't understand) "ucheguk Jochiwon?" (Jochiwon post office) the whole time. Luckily, he was bringing my Korean/English electronic dictionary. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment