Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fun Times in Seoul

I went to Seoul this weekend! Not without bumbling adventure, I got desperately lost on the subway but played the "stupid Miguk" and got help from people who felt sorry for me. Standing in the rain, asking for directions, hair wet, hand-drawn map colors running, I must've looked pretty pathetic. I am grateful for the kindness of strangers.

But the reward? Classes and dinner with the beautifully amazing Belynda Azhaar (http://www.azhaardance.com). I learned some cool choreography, got new fire-colored fan veils, AND met some amazing new friends!

After dance and dinner, I met up with my superfriend Ben and had an awesome time bar hopping in (Sh)Itaewon and dancing in Hongdae! I saw my first car collision in Korea in Itaewon, and subsequently a very very VERY angry Korean man yelling at the bus driver in the middle of the street. I hadn't gone clubbing in Seoul before, but there are SO many foreigners there, even Hongdae was full of waygooks. I didn't even feel like I was in Korea.

Apologies for no pictures, I will be a better documenter in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment