Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lost in Busan


I went to Busan this weekend. Busan is the second largest city in Korea and it is on the far southern coast of Korea! It was remarkably warm and sunny for our entire stay-- and in long sleeves, jeans and boots, I unfortunately did not dress for the occasion! Though I did wade in the waters of the Eastern Pacific ocean! It was really quite breathtaking, and wonderful to see the ocean again!

We spent most of our time in Haeundae Beach, where Korea's largest aquarium, the Busan Film Festival, and the Busan Museum of Art lay rest. The museum was absolutely trippy and a refreshing splash of weird in Korea!

The huge downside of this trip was the cost of transportation. I probably spent close to 100,000 won in train fare ($40 one way), taxis, buses and metros. It was way more than I wanted to spend, but I got to see a new city and I am glad I went while I could still enjoy the beach!

But overall, a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment