Friday, August 27, 2010

Details of Arrival

Or last day in Yonsan was yesterday, thank the powers that be. We had a lunch where we met our Mentor Teacher. AND I was surprised to have a foreign scholar / co-teacher! Repeat, I have a co-teacher! He was there the whole time but the dis-organization of Chungnam didn't have us written on the same list. He is so cool and has helped me get free internet and sends me funny text messages!

I slept in the car. We arrived at Yeongi, my county, office of education. There I saw Will and Falon, fellow TaLKers who will be in Jochiwon. We were then driven to our apartments.. each of us is very close by! My apartment is cute, very clean and tidy with a large floor great for dancing! The bathroom is TINY though! Showers are taken in the general vicinity of the bathroom, no shower curtain or tub basin. I flipped my shower head and it sprayed all over my towel and toiletries! Do'h!


A 3rd generation TaLK scholar, Stephanie, showed us around Jochiwon upon our arrival. She took us out for food, to the Home Plus, helped me get more minutes on my cell phone, and took us to a local bar. It was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a more awesome person to hang out with!

Hilarious story-- my friend Will asked "What are these buttons on your toilet?!" and made a stream of water hit the wall from the basin. Apparently, I have a bidet. This incident threw me into a fit of laughter that made me fall over.

No comments:

Post a Comment