Saturday, August 7, 2010

Medical Exams, Peach Festival, and Noraebang

Today was probably our worst day thus far.. We had medical examinations, and the Chungnam group, being group 6 was scheduled to go last. We had been fasting since 9pm and didn't get to eat until about 2pm. This also caused us to spend a hefty portion of our day off waiting in a room. They said it was because people were talking to the hospital staff too much. Kinda crummy, but what can you do?

There was a peach festival today in Jochiwon, less than half a mile from campus. It was really lovely.. But they appeared to have run out of peaches by the time we were able to get there around 3pm. It was interesting, enjoying my Bing Soo underneath the eating tent, my party had headed back before the rain but I wanted to wander still. Anyway, I was definitely getting stared at. I suppose not being in a big group of Westerner's made me acutely aware.


I think a group of girls from Chungnam are going to go sing karaoke tonight. I am apprehensive to go anywhere alone without a cell phone and slinging my current (lack) of vernacular. My brain is having trouble retaining all the information, and I cannot remember phrases like I should. Maybe I should set a goal for two small phrases a day, because that's all I can appear to handle. (Today I nailed "eodi issaeo" and "kamsahamnida")

Noraebang Bunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment