Thursday, August 19, 2010

Week 3: English Camp!

Okay, so... This post ought to be rather interesting. It has been a very intense week--- we spent Sunday-Thursday in Pyeong-chang in (Northern) South Korea. We shared large room and 1 bathroom with 8 people, all sleeping on the floor.

I was assigned to a very energetic Korean boy from Bupo. I tried talking to him extensively, played games, bought him lollipops and ice cream.. but he seemed thoroughly uninterested in me. On day 2, I bonded with a little girl named Jessica and she begged her (male) TaLK scholar "I want HER! Stinky boy!" Jessica is the sweetest little girl, an amazing artist as well who wants to be a fashion designer, and I hope she does well in life.

After four days at English camp, all TaLK scholars were beat to be sure. On the drive home, I primarily slept. Tonight we had a talent show, which I bellydanced in. I placed (er, didn't know there were going to be places or I might have practiced) third got tooons of commendations from friends and scholars.. and got a big hug from our group six coordinator, Marcelle, which meant a lot to me.

We went out and sang noraebang for a bit afterward. No pictures for that, thankfully. It would have been undoubtedly embarrassing..

But, hey, I made it "home" to the dorms by curfew!

No comments:

Post a Comment