Friday, November 5, 2010

Busy Week!

As a preface yet something I cannot adequately state in words, if you have sent me a letter / package in Korea, you are one of the most important and special people in my life. I love you and treasure you more than I can possibly express. ((HUGS))

This week has been by far the busiest week of my Korean work life. Between having my schedule jostled and mixed-up, completing a presentation outlining my teaching methods, finishing an essay for my contract extension, AND preparing my classes for the student festival.. I am spent! I've been working extra hours every day this week. Though I completely didn't expect it, my mentor teacher told me I'd be getting paid overtime for all the extra work I've done this week. She also went out of her way to write me a thank you note about how much she appreciates my effort-- I wonder if she understands how much that meant to me.

So yes, I am planning on extending my contract for additional 6 months. I enjoy it here way too much, and will surely regret passing up the opportunity to revel in my happiness. I know I am missed back home, but I know that my loved ones want what is best for me. =)

To say it was busy is true, but normally my job is quite fun and stress-free. The student festival is tomorrow (Saturday) morning and the parents come to the school-- All the teachers are stressing like crazy over it. My students are under-prepared to say the least. I found out about the festival three weeks ago and was told it was November 13th. Last week, they told me it changed to the 6th. Argh! So my students basically had four classes to prepare the dance to go with Glee's version of "Hello, Goodbye." It's very loosely based off the show choreography, but much simpler. Here's the video I used to inspire them:


I have about four letters waiting to be sent. I usually take time before school to go to the post office but have had to come in early each day this week.. I've had little "me" time this week, but did enjoy a nice dinner of dukgalbi (I worked aroung the chicken) with fellow "waygook" English teachers. They are quite a multicultural group; 2 Irish, 1 South African, 1 English, 3 Canadians. I was in awe of that. Also, dukgalbi is delicious.

I suppose that's all for now. Please send Twizzlers! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. **glomps** love you Char, am reading you hear but mostly commenting on facebook! Iz so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete