Thursday, November 25, 2010

Momma and Sissy, Part One!

MY MOMMA AND SISSY ARE HERE! AHHH! They're sleeping in my room right now! Isn't it wonderful?! Heart!

They arrived Sunday evening at Incheon airport. My friend Ben helped me find them. It was an arduous journey to Jochiwon. But once we arrived all was well!

Monday, we went to Magoksa temple in Gongju. We got some gorgeous pictures of the last trees with bright orange fall foliage, and the sun peeking through the leaves. On the way home, kindly monk who spoke almost no English gave us a ride all the way down to the bus terminal in Gongju.

Tuesday, Mom and Erica came to school with me! They met my principal, my co-teacher, my mentor teacher, all my students.. AND my unnis! Man Jun, Myeong Hee, and Min Youn made a sign that said "WELCOME CHARLOTTE'S FAMILY" and gave us a variety of Korean desserts! My mom gave them a big hug afterward and agreed-- I am lucky to have them!

They even ate kimabap, bibimbap, ddukbogi, sundubu jjigae, AND ingoppang! And they LOVED the school lunches!

Mom was not too pleased about North Korea's decision to fire at South Korea. I was not and am not worried about the situation, but it's a mother's duty to be concerned!

Wednesday, they ventured to Homeplus and got all sorts of goodies! I am so proud of them! That evening we went shopping in Daejeon, in the underground shopping area and got some home comforts-- McDonald's and California rolls!

Thursday, I gave them directions to the traditional market and they took all sorts of pictures of the cultural oddities residing in Jochiwon! My sister tried to take a picture of a cow's head and got yelled at by some old man!

I have Friday and Monday off from school, and we are heading out for Seoul! Whooo! I cannot wait! Okay, time to go hug my momma while I still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment