Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fun Times in Korealand

It's easy to stay cooped up in one's apartment after long days of work and sometimes the lethargy extends further into weekends. But no! April is now upon us and the lovely spring season has brought beautifully sunny days! Wishing to revel in the welcome change of weather, I begged Ben to come with me to Suwon fortress, to which he kindly obliged! And since I had Ben's good luck on my side (or maybe just neutral luck paired with my own) there was a tightrope walker giving his weekly Saturday performance just as we arrived at 2:00pm! It was so impressive and cool!

Then we took a ride on the Dragon Wagon, a delightfully tacky trolley with a golden dragon head on the front car that goes around the fortress.


Which led us to archery! For two bucks each we were given ten arrows to shoot and a mini-archery lesson, which was entirely in Korean.. But we more or less got the gist. I was still pretty terrible. My arrows bounced off the targets without piercing them.. But Ben was impressive!

Later that evening it was time for the ROKD (Republic of Korea Roller Derby) launch party at Dolce Bar in Cheonan-si-- only 20 minutes from my little Jochiwon! Yup, roller derby has made it to South Korea. It was an amazing time, two of the coolest girls I know in Korea are involved in the league, and if you're reading this blog, you should totally take this time to "Like" them on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=295700354&aid=9318#!/pages/ROKD-Republic-of-Korea-Derby/198518736843205

What's happening next? That's a darn good question! I have a birthday coming up, but I'm hoping that Wednesday the 6th will just pass on without being noticed, as I'm getting pretty fed up with this aging business! This weekend is the Nonsan Strawberry Festival, and I'm looking forward to partaking in some delicious ddalgi! Oh yes! More to come ma'ams and sirs. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment