Monday, April 18, 2011

April Speeds On By!


Hello everyone! I hope all is well on your end of the screen! Today is a surprisingly chilly and rainy day considering how warm things have been. Soon time will detach a few of the pretty little whitish pink blossoms off their branches.

'
This Saturday, my day started at 8:00am. My kids performed their play at an English Festival. The story was "Heungbu and Nolbu," a Korean folktale about a kind brother and a greedy brother. Everyone knows the story and I think it's one of maybe 10 total plays Korean elementary school students put on. They won second place, and I was really proud of them. They're such awesome kids!

Anyway, after that, I headed on up to Seoul. I had dinner with the Jochiwon locals at a great Indian place in Hongdae then met up with Mary the awesome Ohioan and her Hopeyong sister Natasha. We headed to Itaewon to see her [Mary's] husband [Doug's] band Slaughterhouse Jive perform at the Rocky Mountain Tavern. It was a pretty high falutin' night. After their set was over I met up with the Michiganders in Hongdae and we sipped on coffee and exchanged tales of mayhem until the sun rose and the metro started back up, and arrived in Jochiwon at about ten. I then proceeded to sleep until 5:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment