Monday, December 13, 2010

Happy to be here!

This morning began at an abhorable pace. I had ignored my alarm, and woke up at 8:05, with a train slated to leave at 8:13. I had class at 9:00! Thank god the train was late. I hate my commute. I hate not having a car.I hate walking in freezing cold rain in December, but I love my job, and, all the same, I love my life.

This past weekend I went to the grand old capital of the Silla empire, Gyeongju. I love old places, and this is THE prime example of an old city in Korea. I travelled alone, somewhat a scary experience, but didn't feel unsafe at any point. Maybe a little stupid. And I think there was a moment of desperation when I got off on the wrong stop at 11:00 at night. But everything worked out. It always does. Here's a picture of the 1500-year-old Bulgoksa temple.. with some girl awkwardly posing like a flamingo in front.



The weekend before, I went to Seoul with three of my closest friends in Korea.. The Michiganders extrordinaire! We screamed like school girls to the brain-infiltrating rhythms of K-Pop superstars Big Bang, 2NE1, Gummy, SE7EN and Psy. It was an amazing concert, they know how to put on an amazing show. I also lost my wallet, about 70,000W, my ARC, my credit cards.. Which was a bummer. Nothing that can't be replaced, but still, do'h! Never a fun time. I filed my police report, but I suspect that someone took the money and threw my wallet in the trash.. No cards have been used at least!

May I reiterate how happy I am to have these girls?


This here is the deliciously entertaining PSY; a man who danced, sweat, huffed and puffed to the point where he looked like he could have fallen over on stage, but not once stopped smiling. And it has been decided that his song is popular this month! I'm all for anyone who can push past the silly Korean standard of beauty. Silly is smexy. Kudos, Mister Psy!


I still need to decide where I am going for winter vacation. Cambodia is beautiful, but if I can't find anyone to go with me it will be beaautiful, but probably not all that fun. My trip to Gyeongju made me realize that while I am one who enjoys solitude, possibly more than most people, going on trips alone is just not nearly as fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment