Monday, May 16, 2011

On the daily commute..

Today on the bus to work, I met a young man from Kyrgyzstan. He works here in Korea for Samsung and knows six languages-- including English.

A sample from wikipedia:
Kyrgyzstan (play /ˈkɜrɡɨstæn/ kur-gi-stan;[6] Kyrgyz: Кыргызстан [qɯrʁɯzstɑ́n]; Russian: Кыргызстан [kᵻrɡᵻsˈtan]), officially theKyrgyz Republic is one of the world's six independent Turkic states (along with Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan andKazakhstan). Located in Central Asia, landlocked and mountainous, Kyrgyzstan is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and People's Republic of China to the east. Its capital and largest city is Bishkek.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrgyzstan

Yep, Kyrgyzstan! I knew nothing about this country but the name. And most certainly couldn't spell it. But now I do! And I know a lot more about it. And I made a new friend!

Bus rides to work are boss!

No comments:

Post a Comment