Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Korean New Years

Happy 2011 everyone! Wishing you health and happiness in the new year..

No resolutions were made. If anything, I'm a little worried that 2011 won't be as swell as 2010 was. Plus, I did a count down.. But Korea's New Years Eve wasn't much like America's. There weren't any fireworks. Or stupid hats. Or crowns. Or glasses in the shape of whatever year is coming upon us.

But there was Kimchibilly. Yes, Korean rockabilly. And they do it quite well!


If you want to hear some of their music, check it out! http://www.reverbnation.com/therocktigers

The Rock Tigers opened up 2011 at club Drug for my friend Tammy and I.. and it was an amazing show indeed! I will be returning to Seoul to see them again!

After the concert, we met up with friends for drinks.. I need to reiterate that in the absence of live music.. Hongdae is largely overrated! Then we sat in Tom & Tom's coffee, until the subways regained consciousness at 5:30am. It was there that we warmed our bodies and conducted an entire conversation in Pig Latin for nearly an entire hour, much to the chagrin and confusion to the many Koreans surrounding us.

The world is still frozen right now though! I've never endured this caliber of cold before. Scarves, mittens and long underwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment